Anyone's SR Macbook Clicking?? [Video]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikelong622, Nov 17, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Ok so for the past couple days now my brand new SR Blackbook has been clicking in the bottom left corner whenever I lift my hands off of it. I investigated and found that it's the battery. It has a bad casing and is really creaky. Anyone else having these same problems?? Also, would Apple replace the battery for something like this?

Here's a video of it.

2. Cool6324 macrumors member

I have a SR BB, no clicking whatsoever. I'd take it back to the store, may be a bad top case.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

The sound is coming from the battery. It has something wrong with its casing so when any amount of pressure (like that of which when my hands are on the keyboard) makes it creak. I'm hoping I can just take it back to Apple and they'll give me a brand new battery.

5. -Josh- macrumors regular

Apple will replace it.

6. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

great video! i especially liked the end where you picked up the pace

7. ~David macrumors regular

~David

It's not the battery. Mine has the same problem, only it's on the right side (And the battery is on the left side) so obviously it's the casing.

It almost sounds as if it's the top part of the case separating from the main case.

I'm not going to return mine, because (a) it's in a spot where my hand doesn't really ever rest (far bottom right, my wrist is usually higher up) and (b) I haven't had any of the other serious problems some are having with their new SR MacBooks, so I don't want to exchange it and get one that's even worse.