Anyone's Winterboard on iOS 5.0.1 lagging?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithdimples, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Any clue why it lags sometimes? Even when I have like 330 MB available.

2. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

what phone? my 3Gs lags with it. not very much, just ever so slightly. NOTHING like a 3G with any firmware over 2.x. However my 4S Never, ever lags:cool:

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

But your 4S doesn't have winterboard?

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Are you talking about the lag that occurs when you swipe between SB pages? Yeah i got that.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Any way to fix it?

6. DangerPanda macrumors member

Install barrel

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Most animations in barrel have this glitch where if you switch from the first page to the next, the icons disappear for a split second then reappear. It's annoying. The two I've noticed that don't do that are curl and roll away and the alternate one. With some animations the icons on my second page actually disappear and don't appear unless I try swiping left as if I had a third page but I don't.

8. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4

Yup. :/

9. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I get that on 3Gs. Oddly the second I installed WB it lagged- I didn't even have to theme anything, uninstalled and fixed the problem. Sold my 4 so couldn't tell you. Although on my wife's that isn't JB'd not much of anything hardly ever lags

10. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

So the only way is to install Barrell? Don't feel like buying -__- it

11. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Winterboard causing some lag is a known problem with iOS 5. For some of us, turning Summerboard compatibility off helped.

12. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

And for others of us, installing barrell has completely solved the issue. I paid for a fix, shoot me. Besides, my 4s friends get twitchy when they see the fade pages work, screams JAILBREAK! :p

13. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I actually just gave up and begrudgingly purchased it. I used barrel in the past and thought it was a gimick, so I was annoyed that I'd have to use the animations. However, it turns out that even if you don't have custom animations enabled, as long as Barrel is actually installed, it fixes the SB pages problem. Worth 2.99? Eh...it's up to you. Something tells me this won't be the last time WB is left in a buggy state for months without an update, so who knows, maybe it will come in handy again.

14. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

Yeah, I have emailed Jay Freeman the creator of Cydia and Winterboard several times, he is slow in responding. Probably swamped with questions about iOS 5 compatibility issues.

Judging by some of the rude comments iPod2g recieved lately from brat kids wanting a 4s jb now maybe Saurik is just ignoring the jailbreak community altogether for similar reasons.. I couldn't blame them.

But leaving Winterboard half baked this long does seem quite extreme, as many other devs have successfully updated their tweaks to work flawlessly on the new OS.:confused:

At least barrell takes care of it, or I may have gone back to stock. It's very annoying, the lag.:)

15. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Winterboard really needs an overhaul. It hasn't really been updated since late iOS 3. Updates since then were very minor modifications to ensure compatibility, but it's performance is pretty poor. It drastically slows down my bro's 4 so bad that I had to remove it.

I know Saurik mentioned he was working on it, but I'm thinking other projects have taken precedence.

16. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.1.23995/26.1305; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Wb stinks. I dumped it

17. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I get the lag, a reboot usually fixes it for a day or so and then it comes back.

A friend thought it was WB making the lag happen, he uninstalled it but the lag was still there :confused:

18. SurferMan macrumors 65816

On my 3GS I sometimes got a lag, but like others mentioned, I don't get it with Barrel when swiping pages anymore, only a slight one when the phone first loads up.

19. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Why does barrel fix it? That seems to be the only lag I've experienced on another iPhone 4 too.

20. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

The lag i get is not with swiping pages ( i only have the 2 anyway) but overall performance, such as a lag in typing and the opening of certain apps and them being slow to perform/start up.

21. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I had that happen actually before I re-jailbroke after upgrading to iOS5... and when going back and forth and to previous OSs when I was testing for that stupid wifi issue on iOS5 that's plaguing a lot of people including both our iPhones, I noticed quite a few times a lag when trying to type, however it doesn't happen on the jailbreak... go figure. Think iOS5 is just buggy contrary to what the koolaid drinkers think lol ;) . I can't recall about any app's lagging, but definitely remember the keyboard lagging on stock iOS5.

22. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump!

Any solution to this other than buying something from Cydia?

23. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Mine is as well. But personally, I enjoy my themes too much to get rid of it.

It would be really nice of them to update it for iOS 5. We can only hope.

24. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

haha exactly!

25. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

use folders ?

Jp but yea I don't notice it but only got 3 pages