Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themanfromvlad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
Montreal
One of my most common mistakes with the iPhone's keyboard is tapping "V" or sometimes "B" when I want to hit "Space." Is this a me issue, or do others think auto-correct should figure out when you have two properly spelled words with a "V" in the middle?

Pikkuroope

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
Yes, I think that shouldn't be a hard thing to do, nokia has it. And I miss it on my iPhone.

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I do the same thing....a "V" shows up most often on words that should be spaced because I didn't reach down far enough.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I do the opposite -- hit the space bar when I want a letter in the bottom row. I agree, it would be very nice if auto-correct did this. And, more broadly, if it did more corrections or substitutions that were not limited to the same number of characters as in the original (i.e. when you misspell a word by missing one character in the middle, you do not get an autocorrect, even though frequently there is really only one high-likelihood match to what you typed).

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
One of my most common mistakes with the iPhone's keyboard is tapping "V" or sometimes "B" when I want to hit "Space." Is this a me issue, or do others think auto-correct should figure out when you have two properly spelled words with a "V" in the middle?

Nope, not just a you issue. It's an annoying occurrence, and it happens all too often. That would be a great thing for Apple to fix in a future update.

:D Pssst...... 6-3 Leafs over your Habs on Saturday.... Kostopoulos suspended for 3 games....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.