anyonevelse thinkvautocorrect shouldvfix this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themanfromvlad, Nov 10, 2008.

1. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

One of my most common mistakes with the iPhone's keyboard is tapping "V" or sometimes "B" when I want to hit "Space." Is this a me issue, or do others think auto-correct should figure out when you have two properly spelled words with a "V" in the middle?

2. Pikkuroope macrumors member

Yes, I think that shouldn't be a hard thing to do, nokia has it. And I miss it on my iPhone.

3. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I do the same thing....a "V" shows up most often on words that should be spaced because I didn't reach down far enough.

4. Jeremy W macrumors regular

I do this all the time, it would be great if the phone auto corrected it.

5. daisuke07 macrumors regular

6. maxxscholten macrumors regular

I usually hit the return key instead of the space bar which is really annoying

7. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

I am in the same boat as well...that would be a nice fix.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I do the opposite -- hit the space bar when I want a letter in the bottom row. I agree, it would be very nice if auto-correct did this. And, more broadly, if it did more corrections or substitutions that were not limited to the same number of characters as in the original (i.e. when you misspell a word by missing one character in the middle, you do not get an autocorrect, even though frequently there is really only one high-likelihood match to what you typed).

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Nope, not just a you issue. It's an annoying occurrence, and it happens all too often. That would be a great thing for Apple to fix in a future update.

:D Pssst...... 6-3 Leafs over your Habs on Saturday.... Kostopoulos suspended for 3 games....