Anyonr return their iPhone 4s to AT&T /

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by udflyer, Nov 30, 2011.

1. udflyer macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about it.

My understanding since I am within 30 days is I pay a $35 restock fee and that's it.

Does it cancel my 2 year committment ?

I assume they can reenable my old 3GS ?

Looking for someone with experience.

I bought it online at AT&T, so I assume it is easier to do this at an AT&T retail store ?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I believe it is a 10% restocking fee, not flat rate of $35. If you bought a 64GB 4S, your restocking fee will be $85 (10% of retail).

And yes it does cancel your 2 year contract, you will be re-eligiable to upgrade. You should be able to reactivate your 3GS with a new sim card. BUt if you have unlimited data on your iPhone 4S you will lose that going back to your 3GS.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It is a $35.00 restocking fee. The 10% policy is only for tablets.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

----------

I have seen no information that would support this statement. You should retain whatever plan you were on prior to the 4S.

4. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I never had any problems transfering my unlimited data to my new/old phone. Each rep I have spoken to has said "AS LONG as it's a smartphone you are going to, you won't lose it."

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is WRONG!

The only way you will loose your unlimited plan is if YOU choose to pick a non-unlimited plan. The fact that you had aunlimited 4S plan tells all that you had a unlimited plan before the 4S.