ANything i can do about this audio recorded in nightclub?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by steveOooo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGE03Efv-U (no video included,just black)

Filmed in a nightclub, near entrance to dj booth - very deep bassy music in bg - wobbily, talking into fan typ distortion - from around 30secs in..

Also, i used a Rode NTG2 shotgun mic, i noticed quite alot of wobbly whilst recording in the club - perhaps the audio is coming through the sides?

ANy recommendations for a decent mic to use in a loud club - one that picks up good audio from the mouth, and nothing but the mouth - usually in a side room with some thuddy bass but not too bad.

2. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

You probably want to use a dynamic rather than a condenser mic. A Shure sm57/58 should do the job fine, after all it is used by loads of MCs the world over standing in front of massive PA monitors....

Also Try turning your input waaaay down, - what is your mic plugged into? does it have an option to roll off some bass?

3. steveOooo thread starter macrumors 6502a

i was using it connected to a sony z1 with manual control, just set it to 8 and with teh audio not hitting the red, not too clued up with audio but want to do more club interviews etc.. will def get a mic for the cam - perhaps with a radio adapter - apart from the seinheisser, any cheaper alternative (plug transmitter - plug received on cam - xlr inputs etc..)