anything i can do to boost perfomance? speed, signal, etc

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aliensarecool, May 27, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

any input is appreciated. i don't have much on my phone, just tweaks/apps i actually need/use

2. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

3. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

For speed improvement try fakeclockup----It runs well and improves speed

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

doesn't actually speed up....it jus increase animation speed....after a while one can really grow tired of it...as it just looks annoying....I have tried it and removed it after jus minutes

5. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

True on that, but I tell ya I ran it on my old 3GS and i swear it does a little more than animation speed, just seemed snappier. I run it on my Ipad-1 and love it still. worth a try for OP

6. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Placebo. Sometimes what tricks the eye also tricks the mind. ;)

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Agree.

Why else is it called FAKEclockup!?

8. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

9. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I've heard of this app on Cydia name SignalRefresh . To be honest IDK if it works but im going to test it out and I'll see if I can say if it works.

EDIT: Well i just used it and it seems like the signal is still the same.

10. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

You can delete your unneeded daemons, will improve RAM, processor performance, and battery life.

11. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

daemon? like delete stuff like gamecenter, youtube, newstand, stuff i wont use?

12. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

13. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

14. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Exactly. Not to mention the possibility to completely screw up your device. Just not worth the potential risks IMO.

15. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

In my opinion removing demaons has a negligible effect for iPhone 4 and 4S users. iPhone 3G and 3GS users I can see why one would want to do that. But like someone said, be careful what you are removing because if you remove the wrong one, you are guaranteed problems.

16. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say zero, I get maybe 30mb ram increase at any given time, plus boot up speed is significantly faster.

I guess it does seem like a big deal if it's your first time, but I had to do it multiple times on my iPad 1 because of it's ridiculously low ram.

Just a suggestion for OP, that is what he was asking for.

17. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

So, the only benefit is if you have a device with insufficient ram that you boot a lot.

18. SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

Close apps from background, delete apps/tweaks you don't use, download an app called "Clean up" and let it run. You'll see major improvement!

19. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Rally, really bad advice. You wont see major improvements and you will be lucky of you don't hose your device.

20. SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

It clears all the Internet history, cookies, etc which is saved on the phone memory.. The more you get rid of the better the performance is.

21. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

You seem to think I am saying it will singe handedly improve the speed and usability of your device dramatically. I'm saying it's a little boost, 10 more minutes of battery, slightly faster booting, and a little more RAM in exchange for following 1 page of instructions and no adverse effects on your device as long as you avoid the daemons on the "Do not touch" list.

22. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Wow, in just 3 hours your boot time gone from 'significantly' to just 'slightly faster'.

OP: Here are the benefits;

Slightly faster boot times. I try and avoid booting my iDevices, but whatever floats your boat. Think of the time you will save, I know I stop everything I am doing and watch my phone boot.

10 more minutes battery time. I'm not sure how you'll know this, but it's a benefit, right?

A little more ram - Don't spend it all in one place!

23. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I don't see what what your problem is exactly, OP asked for ways to speed up his phone and that is what I gave him. If you don't want to do it, more power to you, but I see no reason for you to bash ideas when I am simply responding to the thread. Did you have a traumatic experience with daemons in your early childhood?

We can agree to disagree, nobody gets anywhere arguing on the Internet. We cool? Bro fist?