Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I have about 700 dollars to spend, and was planning on getting a 32 gig ipad.

Case recommendations would be best, what are some of the best cases I can get, ones that I could find at the local Apple Store.

Also, what are some games that show off the retina display? I'm looking for my jaw to drop.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Best purchase I made was the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover
Increased my productivity with the iPad tremendously

I don't know if I want a keyboard rubbing up and down my screen everytime I close it. Seems like a cool product though.

idencustom

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
I have four (4) cases. Learn from my mistakes and stupidity. The best purchase was the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard. DOES NOT rub against my screen when closed (keyboard is recessed). I find my self using my ipad more than my new macbook air 13", because of this case.

I have the Zagg bluetooth case/keyboard, The OttherBox Defender case, as well as the Apple Smart Cover.

$350.00 in cases.... just to discover the Logitech was all I needed.

xnickitynickx

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Orlando, FL
For mine, I just went with smart cover and a smoke Belkin snap shield for the back. Minimalism and functional :)

Also, the camera connection kit is cool if you take a bunch of pics :)

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you plan on keeping your iPad for a while, I'd splurge and get the 64GB model. You'll find a way to use up all the storage. I have.

Aside from that, definitely get AppleCare+. Maybe you'll not use it. Or, you might drop your iPad and then curse yourself for having to pay $200 to get a replacement. The first time something bad happens to your iPad, Applecare+ pays for itself and then some.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.