Anything I should do before updating to 2.0?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hudzilla, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

    Hudzilla

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Location:
    England
    #1
    I've currently got my phone jailbroken, but if 2.0 is released tomorrow I will update.

    Is there anything to do before I update like restore as new phone or should I just be able to update the firmware without issues?

    Thanks
     
  2. spinstorm macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    #2
    It is a dilemma tomorrow about updating to 2.0.

    Pwnagetool will be updated very very shortly - we should be all able to update to 2.0 as long as your on an official contract (so you can activate it) but any unlocks will be relocked and the phone will no longer be jailbreaked.

    It seems that pwnage will be updated very soon after the new firmware is out (probably within a day)... and personally if your planning on buying a new iPhone I would hold off on updating an existing one to 2.0.

    Being in England like me - I wonder if the 3G phone will be out to buy tomorrow or if there will be a delay - if it is officially out tomorrow it is perfectly possible O2 could get deliveries of the phone in the morning and it could go on sale before the keynote - however that seems unlikely - It seems more likely it will be out on Tuesday UK time if there is no actual delay in sales because the phone is not available here yet.
     
  3. igglepuff macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    #3
    yea, as you mentioned its unlikely, infact, it just wouldnt happen. apple wouldnt allow them to be out (timezome or not) to be out befor ethe 'official' word had been put out. Also, we all want it to come out tomorrow, though both ATT and rogers here in canada(who is the iphoen carrier now..when its out:p) both have teh exact same vacation blackout periods. SO, I'm guessing they will be out next week when the blackout begins (or week after, i forget the dates). Here's hoping its soon :)
     
  4. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Hudzilla

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Location:
    England
    #4
    Sweet, so if im on an official iPhone contract, i'll be able to update the FW form a jailbroken 1.1.4, without issue?

    Of course ill probable Re-PWN once 2.0 is hacked, but i wanna try the new app store as soon as its out!!! :D
     

Share This Page