Anything like the incipio feather for rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vivithemage, May 3, 2013.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I really like it for my MBA, but the reviews are HORRIBLE. I was wondering if there is anything similiar?

2. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

They trademarked the name "Plextonium". I could never own this product.

3. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

It has horrible reviews for the rMBP ... doesn't fit basically.

4. ScholarsInk macrumors regular

The moshi iGlaze Pro has gotten a lot of praise.

5. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I don't understand the reviews the iGlaze got. Owned 3 different iGlaze and tried another 2 in the store (clear and black). Even though it fitted, the bottom part was always coming out. It didn't stick to the rMBP. Really really annoying.

I ended up buying the clear Speck's smartshell and am quite happy with it. It fits perfectly and doesn't come out easily. Only thing I can say is that it looks a lot more fragile than the iGlaze. It protects the rMBP but I feel that if I take it off and put it on a lot of times (to clean for example) the little pins will start cracking. Also, it scratches easily but, since I got the clear one, I couldn't care less.

6. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I have used Incipio on my Iphone 5, but not on my rMBP. I considered it when bought my machine, but it was not released back then. Check the Speck cases, I have the Satin series and it is very nice.

7. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I heard the speck case falls apart after a few weeks, for a $40-$50 product, that should not happen!

The incipio feather for my phone and macbook air 13" were great, so it is sad to see the rMBP one suck so much.

8. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I had my Speck case since Oct last year, no issues, perfect today as the day bought it.

9. liquidtwitch macrumors newbie

My feather case for my rMBP arrived yesterday. Piece of crap doesn't fit, and because I got it from ebay it's going to be way too much effort returning it. Pretty annoyed, should have done my research first.

10. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

sorry to hear that. Is that an actual Incipio case or a China clone? I'm surprised to hear something from Incipio doesn't fit.

11. liquidtwitch macrumors newbie

Box looked pretty legit so I'm 99% it's not counterfeit - it seems like its 3mm off fitting or so, the bottom case fits fine.

12. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

check the amazon reviews, exact same issue.

13. liquidtwitch macrumors newbie

Just have been reading them.. one star on all the reviews I've read. Should have looked harder. The ebay seller has a no returns policy too, bah!