Anything my Mac can do that my PC can't?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shenfrey, Oct 10, 2011.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I have 2 computers on my desk, one is a 27" Imac (late 2009) and another is a custom built 6 core 980x PC with SLI 580 gaming machine.

Lately because im a big gamer iv been doing alot of my tasks on my PC, browsing the web, watching shows and so forth and my imac has just been sitting there both sexy yet lonely. So I was thinking if theres anything you can tell me I can do with my mac that could probably spring new life back into it and want me to use it for my daily mundane tasks just as web browsing, music listening and mail/calender/photo usage.

Thanks guys : )

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Your custom rig probably doesn't have:
    • An integrated camera, that doesn't take an external USB port
    • An integrated microphone, that you don't have to worry about connecting or calibrating
    • Built-in utilities like Grapher and Grab
    • Access to powerful software that's reasonably priced: iLife and iWork come to mind, but there are LOTS of other examples
    • Built-in shortcuts for all the common kinds of screen captures: Full-screen, selection, and window, all with the option of sending the result to a file or the Clipboard
    This ought to get the ball rolling. :)

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

You also do not have to have an antivirus process running which depletes performance.

Also, most games now have been ported to Mac OSX.

4. memo90061 macrumors 6502

I don't think I have a favorite OS. I used to have Windows until 2008. In 2008 I got my iMac, and what I love about it is that I don't have so many wires. If I had a PC without any wire I think I would be good. I really like Mac OS X, but The Sims 3 feels slow. When I run The Sims 3 under boot camp it feels much faster. :/

5. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

No. Sell the iMac, it's just taking up space.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

As much as I prefer the Mac to a PC, I have to agree with theDUB.

We have a computer to do specific tasks. If it's not being used, why keep it? If you have to ask others for reasons to keep it you don't need it. It's just an expensive ornament, taking up space and locking up money that could be spent on something useful.