Anything new about iPhone 4S jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Beatbeckham, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Beatbeckham macrumors regular

Any info on jailbreak of iPhone 4S. I'm having one since first day, but I feel I'm depended on some tweaks. When do you think it will be out??

2. Almy macrumors 6502

There is a two page post a little below this one talking about the newest information.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

awesome.

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I hate my iPhone 4s 64 gig! without a jailbreak that is...

Every day I dream of jumping ship to android, but I hold out because I only hate the stupid, boring, dumb, lame iphone when it is in stock form.
    Its my Damn phone why cant I do what I want with it?

6. Synergie macrumors 6502a

^ same!

I give it until January... if there's no JB I am selling the 4s and going Android. What's the point of keeping this thing if I don't use it!? The main things I did with my iPhone 4 were JB apps (Lock Info being the main) I need my appts and the weather on the lock screen. If I have to turn on, swipe to unlock then swipe down, that's 2 more steps than I used to have to do... and shown in a format that I can't customize at all.

This may be my last month on iOS!

7. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

lol ultimate lazy

8. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Nope... I just don't like how the layout is in NC. I can't change the background, how things are set up (the only choices are 1, 5, and 10 items... so I can't have say 3 if I wanted). The sections don't collapse, and I just think the lock screen is a HUGE HUGE waste of space... Every other device I ever had was capable of a Today Screen.... but not the iPhone - at least without JB. I just don't want to adapt to the compartmentalized fragmented and boring non-customizable way Apple thinks we should do things... I don't have to stay (I'd like to stay mind you...) but I don't have to... so I give the JB until end January and then if still no JB I will try something else - something WITH a today screen capability as that is my #1 needed feature.

9. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well don't let the door hit you on the way out...a JB is SOOOOOOOOOOO far away guys and gals. icon1c has stated almost all the exploits are gone and the crash reporter is almost useless as the CDT won't be able to reproduce the crashes submitted from the report.

10. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

That's too bad.
    JB was the main reason I opted to commit to a 2yr contract, (don't like the iphone nearly enough non-JB).
    What a dissapointment the 4s is turning out to be :(

11. Asianxfatty macrumors member

i personally still have faith. watch its going to be a surprise

12. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

where did he say this?

i find it very hard to believe their are no holes in the iOS5.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Rick you morphed again is that your dog?

14. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

So for those who updated to 5.01 (like myself)......are we screwed in terms of being able to JB the 4S when it becomes available or is that out of the question?

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

musclenerd advised everybody to stay at 5.0 that's about all anybody can say 100%

16. Sensamic macrumors 68030

You can keep waiting like... forever... Or simply desist all hope for it. It wont happen.

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

18. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Thanks labman. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and updated (prior to reading what MuscleNerd said). Hopefully it's not all a lost cause for those on 5.01. Time will tell I guess.

19. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

[/COLOR]
    Trust me people, I want a JB more then you all...3/4 of the reason I use my iPhone is for the tweaks/mods. I hope I'm being pessimistic, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting a long time for this. If you want to check out those tweets go to his twitter account, I'm not going to sift through it, but it was written this week...likely Monday, Tuesday time frame.

And I didn't say "all the exploits" were gone...I said "almost"

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

yessir! his name is tolbert, 14 weeks yesterday. full golden ret. he is awesome!