Anything released today?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dragon2611, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dragon2611 macrumors regular

Are there any updates or anything released today?

Reason I ask is our office's internet connection was being saturated earlier today.

Looking on our Firewall it appears to be the Ipads (Ipad2 Wi-Fi's) downloading something from akamai

Thing is those Ipads are sitting in their cases charging at the moment with no one using them.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

Unless they're pre-downloading ready for a software update that doesn't really explain why Several of the Ipads had decided to start pulling a load of data from the internet of their own accord.

I did think iCloud but if that was the case I'd have expected to see them hitting the upstream where as it appears purely to be downstream usage.

4. sulliweb macrumors regular

sulliweb

Sounds like youtube or netflix to me... At least, when we've seen iPads saturating our connection, it's typically been someone streaming some sort of video. That's just personal experience.

Those are just the obvious sources, not sure if either of those use akamai... It's where I would start looking, though.

5. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

The Ipads were in their case charging at the time, I'd hope they wouldn't youtube/netflix of their own accord. Never did get to the bottom of what exactly they were doing.