Anything similar to the intensity pro shuttle?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Keebler, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi folks,

I've been looking at blackmagic's intensity shuttle but (grrrrrrrrrrrrr!), it's only windows compatible and usb3.0!

I currently use a Canopus 300 and I'm looking for another similar device as business is busy enough to be transferring 2 tapes at a time.

The intensity card looks good, but it doesn't have nearly the same type of connections :(. Plus, I do like the portability of the shuttle.

I could buy another Canopus 300, but they're more expensive than the 2 blackmagic boxes.

My goals:
    I transfer sd VHS, beta and camcorder tapes, but the need for HD is there - done I hdv camcorder transfer and have another client fr whom I should be transferring some avhdc footage.

I did buy the hauppage HD-pvr b/c I does have a ton of connections, but it didn't seem work well last night (VHS transfer was choppy - maybe b/c it's a USB and not fw transfer?)

any help would be great.

Cheers
    keebler

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I just took a quick look but from what I saw the only thing the Shuttler has that the Pro doesn't Composite video. They both have component, HDMI and s-video.

Lethal

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

hi Lethal,

I'm embarrassed b/c I should have googled for an image of that card. I did see the specs, but looked at the picture on their website and didn't even think about the breakout cable (although that cable doesn't show S-Video, but it does say it's compatible). Just a sign of me rushing too fast instead of pausing to think first before posting. Too many things for me to do being the sole person of my wee company :)

My bad, but thanks for your answer.

Cheers,
    Keebler

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The web site for it now is really lacking since all they are really showing is the Shuttle. I've been there a number of times and for a second I'd thought they discontinued the Intensity Pro.

Lethal