Anything to do before selling?

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
i am selling my Apple Watch due to some stuff that has come up, I went ahead and unpaired and reset ands erase all contents. Is that all that needs done before shipping it?

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I can think of also needing to remove it from your iCloud device list. You should be able to manage your list from your phone or from iCloud.com.

I think there's official Apple support documentation about it, too.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I can think of also needing to remove it from your iCloud device list. You should be able to manage your list from your phone or from iCloud.com.

That shouldn't be necessary if the OP actually unpairs it from iPhone. People who skip this and simply erase the AW would need to remove it from iCloud, but there's a known bug that prevents this from happening. So the safest bet is to unpair it from iPhone first.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015

Thank you, it wasn't on my iCloud device list for some odd reason?
[doublepost=1462488729][/doublepost]
That shouldn't be necessary if the OP actually unpairs it from iPhone. People who skip this and simply erase the AW would need to remove it from iCloud, but there's a known bug that prevents this from happening. So the safest bet is to unpair it from iPhone first.
I did this, maybe why I cannot see it on iCloud?

I guess it's rely to ship.
Thank you guys for the help

joelank

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
CEETEE
'unpair' was all I did before I sold mine a few months back in order to upgrade. Haven't had anything come back to bite me so far.

Reactions: npolly0212

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
You can check actual lock activation status anytime on an apple page, search - apple activation status, put in serial #, status is updated immediately.

Reactions: npolly0212