Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
So, there's a possible chance of 4.1 stumbling upon us tomorrow and I don't even know what is going to be in it. I'm not even that excited about it. I believe last year at the iPod event Jobs said 3.1 was going to be released on the day of, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it tomorrow.

What does 4.1 feature? I seriously have no idea...

bullseyetech

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
London
yea i agree with aggie but would love a new notification system! but probably have to wait for ios 5 for that though :)

ValenR

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Anything to get excited for 4.1?

A jailbreak for those that ended up with 4.0.2 :p
At least that's the only thing I'm looking for..

Walter Bell

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Finally having the ability to use controls on my Bluetooth devices to change/control things on my iPhone. For example, skipping a song through the iPod or pandora app on my Bluetooth headphones.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Finally having the ability to use controls on my Bluetooth devices to change/control things on my iPhone. For example, skipping a song through the iPod or pandora app on my Bluetooth headphones.

+1

Also the fix for garbled BT audio is confirmed now.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
+1

Also the fix for garbled BT audio is confirmed now.

This. Glad they finally figured this out, and added full support for BT. It's about time.

But at this point, I'm looking forward to the next JB. 4.1 won't be any good to me until that happens. :D

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
That's very welcome news! Confirmed by whom?

By Apple support in my defect that I had open on the problem. We went back and forth for a while, they determined it was a problem with the noise (echo) cancellation logic and then reported it fixed in iOS 4.1 beta 3 which my testing confirmed.

There's a couple of threads on the BT sound quality issues in iOS 4.0 where we've been discussing this and asking other paid devs running beta 3 to chime in as more and different headsets check out fine with the fix.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Your jail broken iphones will be bricked. That's one feature I am excited about.

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
I'm hoping iOS 4.1 fixes the white balance issue on the camera. I'm not liking the yellow pictures (under low lighting) that I always get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.