Anyway possible to change destination address?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by medelman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. medelman macrumors newbie

Is there anyway at all to change the destination address for my iPad arriving on Friday? I should have modified the delivery address to be the work address but in the flurry of ordering I never changed it. I know that FedEx will not do it, but will Apple if you call them since they are the sender? My iPad like many others I'm sure is on hold in Tennessee. Is it not going to happen because they are all bulk packed up, ready to ship overnight?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't think Apple will do that. However, I know that FEDEX will hold it at one of their locations if you want them to.

3. medelman thread starter macrumors newbie

I called Fedup to ask about the hold for shipment option and they stated that until they have the full details of the shipment they cannot change anything. So if I go to check the package details the night/day before they ship it, will I have an option to hold at location? There is a location right down the road from work. The CS rep said that unless there is a restriction by the shipper, this option should becaome available. So I guess the question is, has Apple restricted customers from this option in the past?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My iPad was just picked up by FedEX this morning, and I received a tracking number. Inputting the tracking number into the FedEx website brings up a screen with my package status, and there's a link there for "Hold at FedEx Location." Clicking on that link brings up a form where I can presumably pick a holding location. It looks pretty simple to set up holding. Best of luck with getting your iPad!

5. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Be careful. If they change the original address a usually you have to wait for it to go to the destination city then they reroute it to the new address. Also holding the package can cause issues as well. Whenever you do a package intercept you run the risk of your package being delayed or lost. Also they no longer have to guarantee delivery.
    I hope now of this happens to you. I just wanted to share my experiences from customers of one of my websites.

6. medelman thread starter macrumors newbie

It's interesting that there is not a hold at fedex location link on my package tracking. I'll keep checking. In the end I will probably stay and 'work' from home for a few hours. I'm actually starting to get a cold, so I might have a reason to justify (to myself) that I won't be coming in on Friday.

7. dgstan macrumors 6502a

If you go to the "Pre-Sign for Delivery" page, there is an option to have them deliver to a different address. I think it's meant for you to put in you neighbor or landlord, but depending on how far away it is, it might work.