Anyway to access photos from older back ups?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dansk, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Dansk macrumors member

I had deleted and edited a bunch of photos out of my phone that I know are in older back ups but I dont want to restore the phone to access them. So is there anyway through my Mac or itunes to access the photos?

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I'll assume that you are talking about photos that were in the camera roll, but not imported to the computer? I understand there is some software that would allow you to look into the backup and possibly extract the photos, however if you have made a backup since then, it is my understanding the backup process overwrites the last backup when it makes a new one, so you may not have the backup available to look at. I believe for the Mac one of the programs is phoneview, or something like that. I don't use Mac, so I'm not exactly sure on the name. It should give you enough to search by though.

3. Dansk thread starter macrumors member

The pictures Im after are on my computer stored in a back up that i wish to access without using my phone. Either a process or software solution was what Im after. The story goes as follows;

I have a list of dated backs ups in iTunes that I can see if I check the devices section under preferences it lists back ups by date. I have had a lot of bricking up issues with my 3G in the early going and as a result have a pile of different back ups. When I most recently bricked up I had to restore and this coincidentally happened when iOS4.0 was released which turned my phone into a useless hunk of crap.

I tried my damndest to restore it with 3.12 and had difficulties getting the os to verify on my phone. So in the end I tried restoring from various back ups and it was then when i noticed depending on which back up file date I loaded there were different pictures and text messages etc to my phone. I want to now access some of the older photos without restoring my phone again to those older back ups.

Thanks much