Anyway to add camera roll videos to Ipod section?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shockwave78, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Is this possible? Even with downloaded youtube videos would be ideal. Basically I have a NAV system that plays DVDs and video files off the iphone ipod part of it. I want to be able to transfer video that i shot from the camera roll and move it to the ipod.

Thanks

2. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Sync the video to your computer(iPhoto etc)> add video to iTunes> sync iPhone to iTunes.

3. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

yes i know that part, i want to be able to do it directly from the phone if possible

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

There is not really easy way to add stuff directly to the ipod.app, the app doesn't just read files out of a directory, it reads data and files out of a database, and there is no currently a way to accomplish that unless someone write an app to do that and I haven't seen anything around.

5. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

There is a hack called "Gremlin" which is part of YourTube 2.0. Allows the importing of YouTube videos directly into iPod app.
    According to what I have read, Gremlin will soon be expanded into some other things like Safari Mobile Downloader and Attachment Saver.
    Perhaps it will be available soon to do what you want with videos and the camera roll.

6. nednarm macrumors 6502

+1 Hopefully these tweaks come along soon.