Anyway to automatically delete podcasts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, Jun 26, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Is there anyway to set it up, so whenever I sync my Touch with iTunes, it automatically removes from the Touch the podcast episodes that I've listened to. My Touch is just filled with tons of podcast episodes that I've already listened to. Anyway to set it up so only new podcasts are on the iPod? I don't mind there being them on my computer, but rather just the iPod.

2. longwood macrumors regular

Click on your iPod Touch on the left hand side in iTunes. Go to the Podcasts tab and check the Sync box and select "all unplayed" episodes.

3. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

It is set to that. But it still keeps old podcast episodes on my Touch indefinitely. I also changed the setting in iTunes preferences for "Keep: All unplayed episodes".

4. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Are you certain you are playing the podcasts in question ALL the way to the end. As in, the podcast reaches 00:00 and goes back to the podcast select screen?

As far as I know, if you don't do this, the playcount doesn't increase and therefore it's still an unplayed podcast in iTunes' eyes.

5. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty certain that I at least usually do, but I'll make sure to do so from now on.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

if it's video podcast then what you can do i delete the video straight from the ipod by swiping across the video and hitting delete. but if it's an audio podcast then theres a setting in itunes to remove played podcast

7. redRAYZA macrumors member

redRAYZA

You can also just select to keep the "most recent" or "3 most recent" episodes. It works great and keeps it consistent.

8. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I have no idea what you are using but you can't do that in an iPod. You can't delete anything like music or video straight from an iPod.

9. jnagel macrumors newbie

You can delete certain items (podcasts and videos, I believe) from the iPod touch itself. if you swipe across the item when viewing it in a list, a red "delete" button will appear.

10. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

You can on iPod touch and iPhone

11. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Hmmm. Let me check. Nope.

I have an iPhone and I can't delete individual podcasts from my phone. I can't do it while watching the video or a step backwards when there is a list of all the individual podcasts. :mad: