Anyway to Automatically Rearrange Your Apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Link2999, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a way to organize my apps in folders by category. Is there anyway to do this automatically? However, I would like my game folders to be: Role Playing, Adventure, Board Games, etc. instead of just "Games".

2. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

3. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Yes, there is an option for this.

Go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Content and Settings, then hit Erase iPhone. After it reboots, you will be done.

Warning, creating a backup before attempting this process makes the results null and void.

5. mrochester macrumors 65816

There's no way to do this automatically; manual all the way. You can rename the folders by opening the folder and tapping on the title. Ignore the stupid comments above who clearly have no interest in actually helping.

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I would take like 5 minutes to type headings of each folder and move icons around. Stop being so lazy!

7. SnowDX macrumors 6502

When I put Board Games together, the folder was automatically called Board Games. Same with Adventure. It's based on category that the game is under. But, ya, you can just go rename them if yours isn't that way.

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Dropping your phone into an incinerator performs a similar task.

Alternatively, if you are unable to access an incinerator, dropping the phone from the top floor of your nearest skyscraper should do.

/s

OP- as previously stated, it does automatically name the folders based on the genre of the app (try placing Scrabble and Words with Friends together- the folder is automatically named Board Games. When you place two random games together- ie Scrabble and Real Racing- it is named Games).

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I've always preferred the anger/hammer method. It's always worked for me. ;)

10. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I always place mine in the yard and shoot it with the rifle. Then it renames all folders "Shooting Games":D:D:D

11. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Haha! Good Call :)