Anyway to delete all notifications at once?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EvanEiga, Jun 18, 2015.

1. EvanEiga macrumors member

So I work in Social Media and I am frequently tweeting and facebooking all day long.

These notification stacks up after a while, is there anyway I can delete them all at once rather than delete them one by one? it gets annoying after a while.

BTW, WatchOS 2 was alright, but I can't bare with the poor battery life iOS 9 beta 1 offers... Hopefully beta 2 comes out next week that improves the battery life problem...

2. crispApple macrumors regular

crispApple

Use force touch when you go to the notifications.

3. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Yes. Hard press the screen you enable force touch. When you force press you will see a clear all function to clear all notifications from Notification Center

4. EvanEiga thread starter macrumors member

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

When I am looking at a text message and use force touch it want to do a new message.

"When you go to notifications"?

Explain please.

6. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

When you are in your watch face and pull down the Notification Center, hard pressing (Force Touch) asks to clear all notifications

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Wish I could force touch and clear all messages. It's annoying to swipe, press delete, wait, press delete again just to get rid of 1 message.

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Hard press the screen you enable force touch. When you force press you will see a clear all function to clear all notifications from Notification Center

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm talking about when you are in the messages app on the watch. There is no clear all function for messages. Only notifications from the notification center.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I will try it today. I thought I had tried it yesterday but maybe not.

Thanks.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why do you want to delete them from the app? I just leave all the messages in the app.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

When I go to the message app and force touch, it only give me the option for a New Message, nothing to delete all.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The original question was how to clear all notifications. You then come in here asking s different question -- how to delete all messages at once (the answer seems to be there is no way to do that). Now everyone is confused as to which question is being answered!

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry to add to this place's confusion! Thanks for keeping us all straight! :p

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Heh.

I do feel how frustrating it is to not have a way to do something you want, but if you could indulge my curiousity, is there some practical reason you should delete all your messages? I've just been leaving them in there.

16. SpEe1113, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

SpEe1113 macrumors regular

SpEe1113

Agreed. Notifications (by swiping down on the watch) can be cleared. If you're in the Messages app, you cannot clear all messages since it relays them from your iPhone. So, if you want to delete all of your messages IN the messages app, you should do so on your iPhone. Remember, the watch is merely a way to conveniently look at the messages you receive on your phone. The two work together. Sometimes it is easier to just use the phone...there's nothing wrong with that, other times it is more convenient to glance at the watch... Hope this answers both questions.