anyway to FIX the zoom so it does not move around?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dorfdad, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

I just found the ZOOM function in Safari and I was wondering if there was a way to set a zoom level and lock it there so I can move my mouse around without the screen jumping all over as well?

My son plays some flash games that are 800x600 or so and I zoom in to fill most of the screen but when you move the mouse it drags the screen around with you. I would like to just zoom and lock it on that section for this page.

Possible?

2. HappySnail macrumors regular

Possible help

I wasn't aware that their was a zoom function in Safari. you could always use the ctrl + Scroll wheel in leopard to zoom.
    This can be configured in System Preferences, universal access then under the seeing tab. Turn zoom on and then under Options you can select how it reacts to mouse movements, if you select Only when the pointer reaches an edge it makes it better but it's not perfect. Sorry if that's not very clear, ask if there's anything you don't understand
    What is the Safari zoom? and how can you access it?

3. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Im sorry I meant Leopards zoom! Somehow I did something and it was fixed no matter where I moved the mouse it would not move around which is what I wanted now I cant seem to get that to happen again.

4. ihabime macrumors 6502

System Preferences->Universal access->Zoom Options select Only when pointer reaches an edge. I think that's about as close as you can get to not moving.

5. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

somehow I made it not move when you hit the edges but now I cant do it again! Im not crazy either!!

6. HappySnail macrumors regular

I did at one point get it to not move around at all also but have no clue on how to do it again, it may have just been a glitch. Sorry i can't help more.

7. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

lol this is crazy it might be a glitch but somehow I did it twice. Im going to try and figure this out must be some kind of key combo and the mouse I was only using the Option Key and the mouse and it just froze there and would not move about... Has to be a way.

8. ihabime macrumors 6502

Did you post this to macosxhints.com?

If not you should give it a look, it sounds like the solution to your problem.

9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

That actually sounds more like a bug than a feature to me, but it's pretty handy nonetheless!!