Anyway to get apple to hold an iphone at the store without paying for it 1st?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by codybriana, Sep 23, 2013.

1. codybriana macrumors member

They currently have a gold iphone 5s with the capacity i want at my local apple store (which is an hour away). Is there anyway i can get one of the associates to hold one for me without paying for it first?

2. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Probably not if you want to guarantee it. But I suggest you try, you know, actually contacting the store.

3. codybriana thread starter macrumors member

I'm on the phone with the store currently, but i have 8 calls ahead of me.

4. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Generally, I don't believe they *charge* the card until you pick up the device. I think they just put a hold on it, which is understandable -- they don't want tons of people "saying" they're going to come and get one (without any credit card information beforehand to actually hold it), thus lowering available stock for someone else.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Whenever I've asked (for various things) the answer has always been no. But good luck!

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

7. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Not too sure if you can get an employee to hold one for you without putting some kind of deposit first.

Imagine people calling in asking to hold it and they'll be in sometime later in the day to pay and pick it up. Not going to happen. Especially on a hot new item that was just released.

First come first serve. Holding a new iphone for a possible sale or guaranteeing a sale to a customer right in their face. Think logically, people!

8. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Makes perfect sense to have this policy in place. Too many people would hold devices and never show up.

9. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

If you order from online there is a choice to choose pick-up from store.

If it actually is available you will be able to click it.