iPad Anyway to get free HBOGO?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by deluxeh0, May 10, 2011.

1. deluxeh0 macrumors member

Just wondering. No one I know has hbo..any help would be great

2. Zodiak macrumors regular

HBO GO has to be supported by your cable/internet company first of all from what I understand, it does not work with all of them.

Secondly, I suppose you would need to have a friend that does subscribe to HBO that is willing to lend you his account info.

You would have to be connected via wifi and download the app and if you use his account info maybe it would work?

I'm not positive. I did something like this to watch Netflix from the US in Canada using a friend's account.

3. phreebsd macrumors regular

it doesnt work via a login account info.
    it apparently only works if you are on wifi behind the router that is on the 7 ot 8 internet/cable ISP's that HBOGo is working with.

knology isnt at this time. :(

4. bilibug, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

It most certainly does require a login account through your cable provider. You do not have to be on the local network. I've accessed it from both Florida while on vacation (through an unsupported cable provider) and also from work.

5. msesha87 macrumors 6502

msesha87

Hbo

I am subscribed to hbo with directtv .. I logged in using my directtv and it works perfectly. I'm not sure if you can get it free.

6. nosser macrumors regular

+1... yup it works. I login and use it through my mifi in the car all the time ...

7. sethpen macrumors member

Comcast and Dish Network - HBO GO

My friend asked me to download it and he put in his credentials and it works. I am on Comcast he is on Dish and I can use it anywhere. The only draw back I see is that it will ask for the users credentials every two days. On an iPad2.

SethPen

8. maw4bc macrumors regular

I use my sisters hbo account info (directv) to log in to hbogo. I have ATT uverse and it works fine using her info.

9. phreebsd macrumors regular

ill check again. i saw no where to enter creds.
    im sorry for posting incorrect info.

10. DougY macrumors 6502

HBO go

I renewed my subscription to The Daily, and received hbogo for free. I logged in with my DirectTV username and password, and it works perfectly.

11. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I really wish Time Warner would get on the ball with this...

12. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Let me get this straight. You subscribed to The Daily, brought to you by Rubert Murdoch's organization and you received a subscription to HBO from Time Warner.

Show us how that's done, I think its BS!

You might have meant:

you renewed your subscription to The Daily, you then downloaded hbotogo which is free anyway, you had an account with Direct TV with a paid subscription to HBO and then signed into hbotogo like everyone else.

13. cobaltrich27, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Well I can say for a fact mine works via login for U-Verse fiber optic account and there is no requirement for a wifi connection to use the HBO GO app. There is even a setting in the HBO GO app to warn about 3G usage. My Uverse was down for 2days including my wifi not working.

I used my iPhone 4's 3G data plan and my iPad 3G accounts to watch HBO GO for 2 days until they fixed our uverse after a big storm. I used 3G cell data to watch HBO GO & Netflix. I also got credit from ATT for the massive cell data usage I incurred.

My new HDMI 30pin adapter also found usage piped to my 65" HDTV ;-)