iPhone 6(S)(+) Anyway to get text messages on computer too ?

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
It's possible with iMessage on a Mac computer. It's not officially supported on Windows, but I know there are some 3rd party workarounds that I've never done or trusted.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2015
It's possible with iMessage on a Mac computer. It's not officially supported on Windows, but I know there are some 3rd party workarounds that I've never done or trusted.
Ok thanks!

BTW is only imessage possible from iPhone to Mac or normal text messages too from people without iMessage?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
It works very well (at least for me). I like the feature. It comes in handy. If I get a text on my phone, I can replay on my iMac or Mac mini etc. I can also start on the computer and finish on the phone.
The only device I can’t reply from is my Apple TV. I can reply from my iPads, MacBook, Apple Watch or HomePod.

It’s a nice feature. It’s one that you write off as not needed but when you are on your Mac or other other Apple device and the message comes in and your phone is in another room or downstairs you remember how useful it is.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The only device I can’t reply from is my Apple TV. I can reply from my iPads, MacBook, Apple Watch or HomePod.

It’s a nice feature. It’s one that you write off as not needed but when you are on your Mac or other other Apple device and the message comes in and your phone is in another room or downstairs you remember how useful it is.
Now that you mention it, it would be good to have the feature on Apple TV.

I agree. I was one of the ones in the beginning, who said it was a feature that is more fluff than anything etc. I am glad I was wrong.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Android messages solves this for android users....works on windows 10, macOS, chrome OS, iOS.....