iPod Touch Anyway to get Touch to play through Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by --Wolf--, Nov 24, 2007.

1. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

Up until tonight I had never tried playing my jailbroken Touch through my Xbox 360, and since I had the update for it and knew my old Shuffle and Nano worked, I was surprised when my Touch didn't.

Is this normal or is it not reading it because it's jailbroken? Anyway to get it to work?

Thanks.

2. superted macrumors newbie

it's not because it's jailbroken - mine didn't work before and doesn't work now. I assume it's to do with the way it's not constantly active as a USB device/removable storage drive.

bit annoying really, i used to like plugging my old 80GB ipod into it and streaming music.

if anyone knows how to make it work, i'd also be interested in this.

3. illusiveninja macrumors newbie

i dont know how to make it work but ive also tried to play music off my touch throrgh my Xbox 360 and it does not work i wish i knew

4. vegas-steven macrumors regular

just wait until the winter update of xbox live... it will be in that update. microsoft is responsible for that driver, not apple.

if not in december, wait until the update in the spring.

5. Fofer macrumors 6502a

Just tried my iPod touch with the latest Xbox 360 Update (Fall 2007) -- it doesn't work.

6. RubberShoes macrumors regular

wait...

360 identifies it as an external disk n then goes thru the hidden files, finds all the music, transcodes it like iTunes does, n shows u the options...

but because the iphone/ipod touch doesn't support hard disk mode, the 360 doesn't see anything either.

For all the jailbroken ipods u'll sadly have one reason to upgrade to 1.1.3, because hard disk mode will be supported in 1.1.3.

So you're SOL until they crack 1.1.3 w/ all of ur apps b4 u can upgrade and start using it w/ ur 360...

7. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I could have sworn that there was an app in Installer to make your iPod a hard disk as well. I will look for it and let you know.

8. BlckMlr macrumors newbie

The Ipod Touch won't connect to the 360 because it sees it as a computer not as a media player unline the other iPods the Touch has its own OS x installed the Touch maybe a media player but with Safari and other apps its more of a computer than a media player same goes for the PS3 can't see the touch or iPhone

9. RyanK1esko macrumors newbie

My iTouch obviously didnt work either.

There is another route you can take though. Just download connect 360 on your computer(can't remember if its free or not, but it cant be too expensive if I bought it). Then you can just share your music or movies or whatever directly to your 360. Good luck

10. Kamikaze168 macrumors newbie

Liar

Well the people in this thread arnt up to date. It is Sunday march 28th 2010 as i am writing this. First of all the quote is wrong because if have an ipod and a psp. Both have its own OS(Operating system) and a web browser but the psp works fine. Sadly there was no update to allow you to play music from an itouch or the update was replaced. If you have to play ur music that is on yur ipod u will have to play it over your computer by using the program that alllows yu to use windows media playrer on ur xbox. I imagine that every singl person in the world didnt buy the songs from itunes. I bet u all got them from limewire, Frostwire, etc. so click and drag them to ur music and playe it over your xbox from ur computer. Also i hear that a new app is being made for jailbroken ipods through cydia that will allow you to play media frim uour ipod to ur xbox. Look out for it.

11. myaccount311 macrumors newbie

Apple OS not compatible

as said by a microsoft official the apple operating system on the iphone and ipod touch are not compatible with the xbox 360 music system. the nano, and other ipods will work but not the ipod touch/phone.

12. Vegerot macrumors member

Vegerot

MOVE REQUEST: This problem doesn't have to do with it being jailbroken, rather a problem with the Operating System.

13. fallout296, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

fallout296 macrumors newbie

ok well there is a way but what it dose is it makes it a flash drive that is not with the ipod in other words your just making a usb out of the ipod touch but it works and also your ipod touch has to be jail broken (i dont know if it works for iphone) here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2x7pumbYg&feature=related

14. connor1270, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

connor1270 macrumors newbie

App solution

There is an app that you can download for your ipod touch. The app is called Air Music. This app allows you to stream your music from your ipod through a wireless internet connection. Here is how you do it.

1. Make sure your xbox is connected to a wireless router. You can have the wireless adapter for your 360 or you can hard wire your console to a wireless router.

2. After downloading the app for your ipod, open the app. It will retrieve all your music from your ipod library after your have selected to turn on the app.

3. The app will next display the connections on your wireless internet network. If you have the wireless adapter for your xbox, you will see an icon showing an xbox 360. If you have your xbox hard wired to your wireless router, it will show whatever computers you have connected to your wireless internet network. This will use the wireless internet used by that computer as a pass through. There is no need to select these connections. This just shows what your ipod is connected to wirelessly.

4. The last step is selecting your music. Open your xbox guide (the big middle button) and scroll over to media. Now you can do 1 of two things. You can select Music Player and select the AirMusic source displayed or you can go down to select music.

That pretty much covers it. I hope this helps. By the way, the app costs $2.99 but it is totally worth it!:)