Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I only have the one Apple TV yet every time I need to select it from the drop down. Anyway to make it remember so I don’t have to continue to do this in the future?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I have two Apple TVs and from what I can remember it usually defaults to the one previously used

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
I only have the one Apple TV yet every time I need to select it from the drop down. Anyway to make it remember so I don’t have to continue to do this in the future?

Are you referring to the physical remote, or the remote app on your iDevice? The physical remote remembers the last device it was paired with. I know as I have 4 in our house. But yes, the app on your device may ask what device to connect to.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Are you referring to the physical remote, or the remote app on your iDevice? The physical remote remembers the last device it was paired with. I know as I have 4 in our house. But yes, the app on your device may ask what device to connect to.

Yes I am referring to the app, is there n way to have it default to my Apple TV, instead of selecting it all the time.

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
Yes I am referring to the app, is there n way to have it default to my Apple TV, instead of selecting it all the time.

I'll tinker around with this when I get home. Since I mainly use the app on the ATV int he bedroom, I really only remember having to pair / select it when I initially installed the app and don't remember having to select the bedroom ATV when I use the app.

But I'll check tonight when I get home.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I'll tinker around with this when I get home. Since I mainly use the app on the ATV int he bedroom, I really only remember having to pair / select it when I initially installed the app and don't remember having to select the bedroom ATV when I use the app.

But I'll check tonight when I get home.

Thank you m8

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Hah! I've been meaning to post about this!

What an annoyance this "feature" introduced with iOS 12 is!

Makes no sense that I have to keep selecting my one and only Apple TV.

It seems to "remember" it for a few minutes. Then you have to select it again.

Reactions: shenfrey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.