Anyway to increase activity goal from 30 to 60 minute?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Long Run Nick, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

I think I remember initially setting up the watch I opted for the medium calories720. Actually I never think about calories. Can I increase activity to 60-90 minutes, if so, how? Thanks. Nick

2. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I tried but I don't think it is possibile. The only goal I was able to set is calories.

3. Manrico1 macrumors member

Manrico1

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No way to do it. 30 minutes is considered a good 'standard' minimum daily exercise total to meet. Just go for 2x (or 3x) around the Ring.

Also caloric burn is a MUCH better indicator of exertion. In general 30 minutes of high intensity cardio can be better than 60 minutes of low intensity cardio and you can burn more calories.

5. Long Run Nick thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I understand caloric burn and intensity, just think 30 minutes is a little light. Even if each time you double, triple the circle it would recognize that. Hey I have run w/o circles for over 40 years, just thought that if one exceeds the 30 minutes a little recognition wouldn't hurt, i.e. A little mark or star for each doubling or tripling,etc the goal. Hey this is from a 73 year old guy. I think I will post this idea in a new thread. Nick

6. TxWatch, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Before WOS3, I used to get a message and an "award" every time I doubled my exercise minutes or move calories entries. Since I was not able to change the exercise minutes, I got the double award every time I ran. I would dismiss the message as I was walking up to my house.

I do not see the double messages at the end of my runs anymore, so they must have changed how they are displayed. The awards are still showing up in the Activity Acheivements, but they must come at the end of the day instead of right when you finish your run. I ran today for 68 minutes and it still shows the last time I received the award was on Friday. I guess that makes sense since I have tripled my goals dozens of times and it was probably giving me both of them. (200% and 300%)

Edit: To see your Awards, open the Activity app on your phone and click on the Acheivements tab at the bottom.

TxWatch