iPhone Anyway to jailbreak this iPhone 3GS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alec6542, Apr 26, 2013.

1. alec6542 macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I have a iPhone 3GS that has iOS 3.1. The phone has never been jailbroken before, and thus has no SHSH blobs saved. Is there any way at all at this point to jailbreak it? Obviously updating to iOS 6.1.3 would render it completely unjailbreakable, so I am wondering if there are any older exploits that could maybe let me update to either an earlier or later firmware and then jailbreak.

Thanks for any advice,
    Alec

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

A 3GS can be jailbreaked at any version! The question is whether it can have a tethered or untethered jailbreak. iOS 4.1 is still being signed for some weird reason so you can download the ipsw for iOS 4.1 and restore to that version. Save shsh blobs for iOS 4.1 while you're at it

On iOS 4.1, you can use redsn0w to untether jailbreak it. On iOS 3.1, I believe redsn0w can jailbreak that as well (I believe it is tethered). If you update to iOS 6.1.3, you can use redsn0w (once again, lol) to tether jailbreak the device

Edit: old bootrom 3GS will have untethered jailbreak at all versions

3. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might be an old bootrom 3GS and thus you can have an untethered JB on 6.1.3 and forever on that device.
    Use iDetector to see if its new or old bootrom.