Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
this is one thing that has driven me nuts with my new broken 3g phone every time it needs restarted or rebooted the apps all get shuffled around. is there anway to lock them? searching the forum only brought up one other person with the problem. or is this such common knowledge no one comments on it anymore?

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
this is one thing that has driven me nuts with my new broken 3g phone every time it needs restarted or rebooted the apps all get shuffled around. is there anway to lock them? searching the forum only brought up one other person with the problem. or is this such common knowledge no one comments on it anymore?

Uh... your iPhone shouldn't re-arrange your icons at all...

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
It happened twice today. The big one was after cydia updated
Then when i hid some apps with boss prefs. They get really scrambled ip

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
It happened twice today. The big one was after cydia updated
Then when i hid some apps with boss prefs. They get really scrambled ip

if you hide them then it will move the apps on taht page over leaving a blank spot other then that it shouldnt move them

jackryan57

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
Holy crap, glad to see I'm not alone! I just did a 2.2.1 JB yesterday and when I woke up and turned my phone on all my apps were moved, all screwed up. To make matters worse my system font was changed - I HATED it, I had to do a restore but haven't had time to re-JB

jackryan57

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
will try not using the 5.

I have more info to share. I did yet another restore/jailbreak and all was fine for two days. I downloaded new apps from cydia etc. Then last night I did a soft reset ( holding power and home till phone shut down). When I turned phone back on all my apps were jumbled and my system font was changed and there was a pop up saying my font was changed, something by team dev I think it said. I went through all my apps but can't figure it out. So I did yet another restore and now my phone is stock. I will prolly JB later though.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.