iPad Anyway to make mini run 5.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oftheheavens, Feb 13, 2013.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I really want quasar, is there a way to downgrade the mini to ios 5?

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Absolutely not.

Mini wasn't around for iOS 5 therefore there isn't even a version that would work on it, although perhaps the iPad 2 one would be compatible possibly, but you'd need SHSH files that you couldn't possibly have anyway.

So in short, no.

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah figured, thought I'd ask

4. maxosx macrumors 68020

Ya can't have everything :)

Actually I'm very satisfied with my temporary mini. The moment Apple releases the next gen with a higher resolution this one's a gonner :eek:

5. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't even mind the resolution, it doesn't even look different to me,I just think apple needs to give us the game changing features that are available on other platforms when we know that apple products could handle them way better and shows a bett way to do it than the competitors.

I have been saying to my coworkers since I bought my iPhone 5 that if by the 6 they didn't give us something better than the App Store I would change to Samsung. They have come a long way to compete with apple and with the release of multi app they IMO have shown they are gaining an edge. I love my apple products I have an iMac, MacBook, 3 apple tvs, my mini, my wife's new ipad, an iPhone 5 and the wife's 4s. So I am a fanboi, but they need to give us what their hardware can support like multiapp. I don't care about theming and all that crap just actual functionality that would be used daily