Anyway to make Mono Audio to Stereo in FCE?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make mono audio on an interview in FCE into stereo? I also have Logic Pro-is there a way to do it in Logic?

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Well, you could copy the audio track and paste it right below in the other channel. That won't make it like it was recorded in stereo, but you will get both channels producing sound.

P-Worm

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

ok now in FCE they are on two different tracks and still sound like mono...is that different from copying it and putting it in the other channel?

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Stereo is made up of two different signals. Mono is just one signal. Dual mono (which is what you get when you duplicate one mono signal across two channels) is still mono, it's just mono that comes out of both speakers.

Andrew.

5. Poeben macrumors 6502

If your problem is that your audio is only coming from one channel (the left channel for example) you should set the pan for that track to center in the Audio Mixer window (at least in FCP; FCE should be similar I assume.) Once you do this, you can export as a stereo file if that's what you need to do.

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

yes it's looking like it's only coming out of one channel....can you explain how to set the pan?

7. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

nevermind...I got it. That fixed it. Thank you very much!