Anyway to open up a Mac Pro keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by speekez, Oct 7, 2007.

1. speekez macrumors 6502

While I was swatting away a pesky fly, I foolishly tipped a soda in the direction in my keyboard. Amazingly, the soda stayed primarily on top of the keys where I could wipe it off. But somehow, a drop managed to make its way under the Command Key and it's gumming up that key. As you know, the edges of the keyboard are trasnparent, so I can look under that key -- and sure enough I can see a drop of soda on the shaft of that key.

What's the easiest way to get at this? I can't stick a Qtip under and up to reach it. Any easy way to open the keyboard?

Needless to say, the fly then met his end.

thanks!

2. GregPacker macrumors member

GregPacker

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Brilliant end to the post.

4. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I spilled a whole glass of orange juice into my keyboard once...lot's of pulp too. Cleaning that took me all night. :mad:

5. contoursvt macrumors 6502a

I've actually washed keyboards (mac and PC) in warm water with just a little soap, then I rinse the keyboard real well again with warm water to make sure all soap is gone, then I stand it up and let the water drip away and dry for 2-3 days.

Out of maybe 50 keyboards, I've only lost one. The rest have come back sparkling clean :)

...mind you I only do this when keyboards are really dirty and normal cleaning wont help.