Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdmstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Well i have used the LOGMEIN Service to remotely log into my pc via the browser.

But the browser doesnt work as its supposed to. Lets say i remotely log to my pc via iphone from there i cant really do anything but launch applications. Because i cant type. Which defeats the purpose of remotely logging in.

I launch a browser and remotely VPN into a work network and from there i acces the server but when i click the username and password field a drop down menu appears to show the cached usernames i have typed in, and when i get to the password field no cursor appears or anythign and no keyboard pops up.

So its kinda pointless. It works great over WIFI but with the lack of typing i cant get very far.

IS there a way to either VNC into a pc?

operator207

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
Yes, VNC is possible. You can also Remote Desktop into a PC. Though to get that to work correctly you need XP Pro, Home will not work without headaches. I think you need Vista Home Premium to get in with Remote Desktop.

As for VNC, you install it on the "server" PC, setup a password, open any firewalls, on the computer or in front of it for the ports you want to use, and your done.

VNC is slow though, depending on your network connection (at home and where ever you may be)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.