Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HARCRACK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Nicaragua
Hi i got a new iphone 6s its been a week and i realize theres is a dust particle inside the screen a tiny dust particle its not dead pixel i checked it.

Is there a way to remove this annoying thing without opening the device ?

Im happy with it zero lags great battery life its just that dust thing !!!!! i can't ignore it!!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hi i got a new iphone 6s its been a week and i realize theres is a dust particle inside the screen a tiny dust particle its not dead pixel i checked it.

Is there a way to remove this annoying thing without opening the device ?

Im happy with it zero lags great battery life its just that dust thing !!!!! i can't ignore it!!
Read your own post back and take a note of the problem you describe...
How could you get underneath the screen without taking the phone apart? Also, you would have to destroy the display to get to the dust so you can either live with it or get a replacement.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
I've seen someone that got it replaced for the same reason. Its a manufacturing defect, they won't deny it & they will replace your phone without any problem.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
:( i was thinking on apply heat with a hair dryer?
How exactly would that accomplish anything? Its under the glass and between the screen. The screen and glass are fused together. A blow dryer and/or heat would do nothing.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Dont know its been 4 days since i discover it bit now it seems smaller
If this continues to bother you, I would take it into Apple and see if they can do something to remove the dust from under the screen. Maybe they don't have to swap it out if there is something that can be done to manually remove the dust.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Wouldn't recommend using hair dryer, or even a heat gun as that will soften the glue and could mess up something in the process. Simply get it replaced.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Exchange it. Why live with a defect plus it'll affect the resale value when you decide to sell it.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Just went through 3 brand new iPads that all had small dust particles under the glass. Have given up for now. Disappointing that this is such a common issue.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Yeah, don't put a hair dryer on your phone. I would exhaust other options, go to the Apple Store, before placing your phone under any harm. Once you go that route you can't go to the Apple Store since there would most likely be physical damage on the screen.

HARCRACK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Nicaragua
Well i exchanged it. After a couple of hours playing with my new phone i realize theres something inside this other phone dont know if its dust or dead pixel hard to see!!! ****!

HARCRACK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Nicaragua
I know you wont belive it me. I dont belive it either.

Problem its in my country there isnt any apple stores just third party resellers.

When i open it i check for this dust particles inside the screen but there was none then i came home an update to ios 9.1 and while i was installing a tempered glass it just appear the ****ing thing!!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

Problem its in my country there isnt any apple stores just third party resellers.

When i open it i check for this dust particles inside the screen but there was none then i came home an update to ios 9.1 and while i was installing a tempered glass it just appear the ****ing thing!!

Ummm.. So the dust is under the screen protector.. Not the screen itself..

Reactions: sunking101

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

Are you on a wind up? There is quite an art to installing a screen protector perfectly. You need a relatively dust-free room, closed windows, no dust floating around in the air from changing your bedding or vacuuming etc. Then you need a steady hand, plenty of light and some dust removal strips may come in handy.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone

Do you see it when you use the phone, watch movie, play game etc. Perhaps you need to adjust your pickiness threshold. It's a device manufactured by humans, it's not going to ever be perfect. And even if you did find perfect one, after one drop, it won't be. Just use the phone don't keep looking for things wrong with it.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Remove the protector carefully and check the screen again.

You'll probably find the dust particles on the silicone adhesive.

HARCRACK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Nicaragua
I already did that but it isn't dust on the screen protector i don't know if its a micro scratch or something like that but with the screen turned off i can't see a thing its tiny when screen its turned on it seems like the thing reflects light wtf

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I already did that but it isn't dust on the screen protector i don't know if its a micro scratch or something like that but with the screen turned off i can't see a thing its tiny when screen its turned on it seems like the thing reflects light wtf
If it wasn't there before you fitted the screen protector....case closed.

HARCRACK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Nicaragua
well i will have to learn how to live with it. On a dark wallpaper it doesn't seems to appear the ****ing scratch or dust

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.