Anyway to remove the animated screens when switching between safari windows?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkus, Oct 19, 2011.

1. darkus macrumors regular

Coming from Android, one thing that bugs me/slows me down is that when i want to switch between the multiple safari windows I have open, i have to keep going through all these animations. Dont get me wrong, the animations are nice the first few times you use it, but it wears off quick and just get in the way when you are trying to power through alot of work.

Im hoping there is a way to disable the animations, or better yet, convert the page list from a preview of each page, to just a list of the page titles?

thanks!

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

What animations are slowing you down? And who powers through work on an iPhone? I understand simple casual browsing, but "powering through work" doesn't seem like the right task for a phone.

3. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

Dont get all :apple: defensive on me. I love the phone, but would like to remove the animations. Sorry if my phone usage doesn't fit what you think it should be used for, but you know we are not all zombies.

As for your question about which animation. When you press the windows icon, the window you are on zooms out into a card arrangement of all your windows. If you have say 6-7 windows, you then have to swipe through the windows to find the one you want. At that point you click on the window and it zooms into that window. Like I said, its a very slick technique, but not the most efficient. A certain other phone -- I wont mention which one because it might rile your feathers, and Im not saying is superior, I just like this one aspect of it -- actually just immediatly goes to a textual list of all your windows when you press the icon. I find that more efficient, thats just my own personal view on the subject.

If anyone has any constructive solution to this, i'd appreciate it. If there is no solution, then I guess i'll have to suck it up and try one of the paid web browsers?

Thanks

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Are you talking about where you flip through the various open pages in safari?

And getting a defensive attitude on here won't help you get an answer.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz