Anyway to use iMessage on Android Device

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by rockitdog, Jan 21, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Is there an Android app that would somehow allow an Android to use/communicate with iMessage or is that not possible?

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

not that I know of, it is similar to how Apple users cant use Hangouts on their phones.

3. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Google Hangouts is available on iOS now.

4. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

Really? There's a Hangouts app for iPads. Unless you mean for sending text messages, then no.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

6. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

i'm not aware of any. this is why third party apps are better - skype, whatsapp, line etc. these are available on many platform (ios, android , windows etc).
    imessage/facetime are apple proprietary.

7. JH- macrumors 6502

There was a way to do it if you were willing to route your messages through China. I remember seeing a thread about it over on XDA. I wouldn't trust that, though I don't know how desperate you are.

8. lawrence.b macrumors newbie

I have been using Mightytext, you need to used it with Chrome to get all its benefits.

Not having iMessage is one of the reasons I flipped flopped from Android to my 5S. Mightytext gives me what I want.. the ability to text from my desktop.
    It will alos give you popups for missed calls which is great if you leave your desk without your phone.

9. bkribbs macrumors 65816

I wish MightyText existed for iOS.

10. MRU Suspended

MRU

There was an app released on the play store from a Chinese company. However you are basically giving a random third party strangers in another country your Apple ID and password.... not safe.... The app was subsequently removed from Google plays store and customers were advised to check their credit cards and change their apple ID passwords....