Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockyrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Hi guys,

I bought a new Macbook Pro and I have Logitech Mouse Anywhere MX used to use it with Ubuntu and Windows. It works great with Ubuntu and Windows but very bad with OS X! FIrst of al OS X didn't recognized the mouse on the fly so I thought I should install the driver. I went to Logitech website and downloaded and installed the driver. It didn't solve the problem for me! The mouse is still slow and the percision is really really bad!! What should I do please?! I installed SteerMouse and it solves like 85% of the problem. I'm really unhappy! Please help me Logitech should find a solution for that. It shows the mouse plugged in MBP to show off, but ironically it doesn't work very well on OS X!

Please please help me

Wattser93

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
The problem is that you probably have steermouse and OSX fighting each other with settings that conflict, ie: max setting in steermouse and slowest in OSX settings.

I have an Anywhere MX hooked up to my MBP, it tracks beautifully, and I never have any issues. I would uninstall steermouse, and install Logitech Control Center. It'll allow you to adjust all the functions steermouse lets you do, is free, and is made by Logitech.

Use OSX to set a comfrotable tracking speed, then fine tune it with the Logitech Control Center and other whatever other features you want to add like button remapping and such.

I had issues when I first got my Anywhere MX, uninstalled steermouse, and installed LCC instead and I've been happy with it every since.

Once you get it set up you'll love the mouse. It tracks on everything I've ever encountered and is well worth the high(ish) cost.

rockyrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
can you please tell me the version of your LLC?

Besides, I would be really thankful if you can make some screenshots of your LLC configuration and OS X Mouse configuration :)

Wattser93

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Once I get home from work and can get on my Mac I'll take some screenshots and post them up for you.

I think the version of my LCC is 3.3 if I remember right. The CD that came in the box was 3.0 or something like that.

Wattser93

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
As promised, here's the screenshots of my set up, only LCC and OSX mouse settings are enabled, no steermouse or anything like that.

5310749099_613f7bafdf_b.jpg

5310748831_1b17dfeeb8_b.jpg

Wanderer509

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
hi there,

would like to chime in and ask. I am on SL 10.6.5 with LCC 3.3 using an anywhere mouse MX as well. for my LCC i have global settings and safari separated. I notice from time to time safari scroll will slow significantly and the only way to remedy it is to reset LCC safari specific setting.

the same phenomenon was described by this poster as well
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/9294913/

anyone else experiencing it? anyway to fix it?

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
I don't know about your problems, but I got this mouse 2 days ago and it worked perfectly after plugging it in. Then, I simply installed the Logitech Control Centre and sped up the tracking speed a little bit. PERFECT mouse :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.