AOL Broadband to work on Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Skalor, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Skalor macrumors newbie

My MBP arrived today. To replace my ancient windows PC!

Ive always been an AOL user, starting from the days of Dial Up! Luckily its parents paying not me!

Anyway now im switching to Mac I need my BT Voyager 105 to work on my Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

From lots googling and checking this forum I did get SEVERAL drivers, I transfered them onto my Mac installed followed instructions from guides, and nothing worked! They seemed to be drivers for previous operating systems like Tiger?

Anyhow I would be greatful if someone could link me to the right drivers or provide some advice.

I know some of you would say switch provider, I Would!, but theres a LONG story im going to uni soon and dads not sure if he wants the internet etc, Ill be at mums mostly (who HAS the internet) blah blah. SO I would change provider now, but its not even worth it because Dad probably wont want the internet in like 2 Months.

Thanks!

2. j.bond312 macrumors newbie

I have never used BT but is the voyager just a router? if so then isnt it just a case of plugging in either the ethernet cables from your mac to the router if you are running a wired network. If you are using ethernet i dont get where these drivers come in?

Or simply turning on your airport on your mac and selecting your network if you are running it wirelessly?

As long as the router is setup then there shouldnt be any problems?

EDIT: just had a read and noticed you have to connect to your mac via USB which is where the drivers would come in.

I found this on the BT site, not sure how much help it is

http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb_modems/voyager_105/macos_install.htm

3. Skalor thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried those drivers, sadly didn't work. I followed the guide and everything.

But yeah it connects Via USB... Ive just found out that when me and my dad move in with my (future) step mum we're getting a wireless router with AOL because my Step mum just signed up for a 18 Month AOL contract -.-

The wireless router will work I pressume with my MBP.

Would be handy if I could get this BT Voyager 105 to work on my MBP for now though! Thanks for trying.