Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

branharrison6

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
I am currently plagued with the Dial-Up location of my state and cannot get highspeed. Therefore I have used AOL for years and was worried about AOL not being mac compatible. Now that I see that AOL is infact for mac, I was relieved. My question though is how AOL works on a Mac for a dial-up connection? Also since the macbooks don't have an integrated modem and you have to use a USB enabled one how does that work? Does the USB Modem slow anything or affect anything?

Thanks!

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I am currently plagued with the Dial-Up location of my state and cannot get highspeed. Therefore I have used AOL for years and was worried about AOL not being mac compatible. Now that I see that AOL is infact for mac, I was relieved. My question though is how AOL works on a Mac for a dial-up connection? Also since the macbooks don't have an integrated modem and you have to use a USB enabled one how does that work? Does the USB Modem slow anything or affect anything?

Thanks!

I wouldn't have thought the USB modem would slow a dial-up connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.