AOL Screen Name Password not working on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MMan5797, Jan 31, 2009.

1. MMan5797 macrumors member

I use my AOL screen name as my Apple ID to buy things from iTUnes. Today, it keeps saying I am putting in the wrong password, when it fact I am putting in the CORRECT password. Any ideas?

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

The same thing is happening to me! Just started tonight!

3. Surrix macrumors regular

This just started happening to me too. Happens intermittently. Can't upgrade my apps through the iPhone either due to 'wrong password'

4. Nonstickron macrumors newbie

Nonstickron

I am having the same problem. Its only if you use an AOL login I think. Last night it was just the iphone having the issue, today its my phone and my computer. I called apple, they said this is a problem they're experiencing right now and they're trying to correct it.

I tried using my apple id to log in instead of the aol one and none of my purchases are associated with that login...and there is no way to link the two logins. There should be, I filed a complaint with the guy I talked to about that and he recommended I post to apple.com/feedback with it as well.

5. Surrix macrumors regular

Wow this sucks. I just restored my iPhone and now I can't get purchased apps back on it because they can't be validated.