Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Not AIM, AOL.. the whole package I think.

Since all the Mac Minis are now MacTels..

Not sure AOL's stuff is Universal yet, nor do I know if it works with Rosetta. Does their website say anything about it?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
cycocelica said:
I havent met a person who uses AOL service in 4 years.

pleased to meetcha!

well, I'm not using it on an intel mac but I do remember reading somebody's advice on how to install it properly on intel Macs....so it does seem to work. If you search back through these forums you'll find a thread with advice.

lots of people complain about AOL and I'm not going to say there arent good reasons to complain.......I've found it important to keep my copy of their software up tdate which is a bit of a aian because AOL doesn't make a big announcement when they incorporate updates and changes

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
I have a MBP and not a Mac Intel mini but i downloaded AOL and the system kept on crashing 98% of the time that i tried to access my mail. I had to remove it and i now have to access my mail through http://www.aol.com
I am in the UK and for some reason i could not get in via the UK site to read my mail when i tried.
I can use a router though to connect to the net but i just cannot access AOL software.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
cycocelica said:
I havent met a person who uses AOL service in 4 years.

How's it going? I use AOL for my connection at home since my famiily has fallen upon hard times and my dad can't afford to get DSL or Cable and is also a bit dumb and doesn't understand that DSL is about the same price as AOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.