Aol's lee Gevens Confirms Push AIM is Coming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfan881, Jan 7, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i think his point is that a current interview with AIM discussing push might, logically, mean that it's release is impending.

4. Surrix macrumors regular

Unfortunately, the service he describes isn't Push AIM. You can get IMs while the app isn't running, but you'll only see them if you open the app again or set SMS notifications.

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

yeah. It will probably be pseudoPUSH like Beejive does and they'll send you an SMS or something like that.

It's sad that Apple has seemingly promised this and then sort of tried to forget it. My old RAZR has PUSH AIM on it. It doesn't have the features the iPhone version has, but when someone sends me an IM, I get it almost instantly. IM's are useless without it really. I bought Beejive, but if you don't want to spend $16, then why even bother.

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah it's pretty bizarre no one has asked any of these Apple guys about Push at any of the shows at got an official answer? The total lack of any info on it it kinda lame for a public company.

7. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

The only other possibility is that the firmware already includes the framework for PUSH and all Apple has to do is turn it on. Since the betas do not include it, it's either a closed beta or it's not coming out any time soon. I'd go with the latter more so than the former.

But I really think he meant AIM will send people SMS's when you get IMs. I think AIM Mobile already does that.

8. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99