Aorus X7 Vs Macbook Pro Retina 15' 750M

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yousif55, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Yousif55 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if i can have your opinion on which laptop to get? The Aorus X7 or the Macbook pro retina with the GT 750M.

I would like to game on the laptop and the specifications of the Aorus X7 look very powerful, however the build quality and battery like of the RMBR are quite great.

Aorus X7: http://www.aorus.com/x7.aspx

So whats your opinion?

2. ha1o2surfer macrumors 6502

Well this is pretty clear cut, the x7's GPUs are more than 4x faster than the single GPU in the rMBP... In reality.. in terms of SLI scaling maybe 3.5x faster lol

The rMBP is a light gaming machine for games like WoW or LoL, maybe some older Call of Duty's and Valve games.. but if you are really serious like Titan Fall or BF4 then the rMBP is not a good choice.

3. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

Check the razer blade if you want a pretty and powerful laptop.

4. cirus macrumors 6502a

5. rex450se macrumors regular

I had the Asus ROG G750 JX that I upgraded to SSD's and 32Gb of Ram but sold to buy my late 2013 rMBP. But had the Aorus been available when I sold the Asus I may have bought it. That looks like a sweet machine.

Victor

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a gaming laptop, so the GPU will definitely out perform the rMBP.

I'd say if that's a major factor in your usage, it should be a better fit then the rMBP. The major downside for me is that it doesn't run OSX.

7. leman macrumors 604

If you are looking for a gaming laptop, then the X7 will be obviously a much better choice - simply because it is a gaming laptop. Other than that, I don't really get the purpose of your question. Its like asking 'should I get a sports car or a tank?' - that solely depends on what you want to do with the computer.

8. teflonsheep macrumors newbie