AP Mobile App. no push??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natesac, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I have had the AP mobile app installed for some time now and have yet to see a Push notification. Do they only push certain headlines? Does it matter what area I am in? cause there will never be a breaking news story in my little town. I am really just wanting to see how it works and what it sounds like. But I have never been pushed :(

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

First of all, getting pushed is the greatest thing in the world. Second, I don't think the updated version of the AP app that has push enabled is out yet.

3. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

really? I thought they were one of the few getting out the gate with push.

When I installed the app it asked me if it could turn on push and I have settings for push in settings.

4. cualexander macrumors 6502a

AP Mobile Push works. I heard a funny tone then I looked at my phone to see a breaking Supreme court decision about DNA. I guess they are only doing Breaking news, but not sure what qualifies

5. gcortega macrumors member

I have had the AP mobile app for two days now and have yet to see any sort of push notification updates either. Hoping to see/hear one soon

6. Blue_Dawg macrumors newbie

Mine keeps asking me to connect to itunes for push and I can't figure out why. I connect to itunes but the message still appears on launch.

Screen Shot

7. jtalbert macrumors newbie

I have the AP News app and got that court notification as well, and THATS IT. I mean, I understand they dont want to send out too many pushes but come on, so far push notification has been a bust. Apple is taking their sweet time releasing apps that do push.

8. Daryl178 macrumors newbie

ap mobile push

they just sent a notification today lol i thought these things were supposed to be coming more than once every two days or so. push notifications seem to be not working well yet.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I've had one so far. Glad they're not spamming it every few hours with alerts but still.

10. charltonx macrumors member

No push unless you select US as your main region....oh well, Delete! :mad:

11. angrytoothbrush macrumors regular

angrytoothbrush

12. barbaraec macrumors newbie

AP Mobile push

If you are referring to getting news items pushed in dialog box pop ups to your iPhone, I am getting them just fine. I may even turn them off, having gotten several already today :rolleyes: