AP Mobile notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ODog4523, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Have people been getting many push notifications from this app? Everythings turned on in my settings but I still haven't seen any. Just nothing that's newsworthy or do I need to tweak something else? I wonna see this thing work already!

2. digbyp macrumors regular

When launched, I changed to Europe. Push notifications did not work. So, I changed back to United States and notifications started coming through. In fact, when set to Europe, the Push Notification option in Settings does not appear.

I only seem to receive average 1 per day

3. ODog4523 thread starter macrumors regular

ODog4523

That's more than I've seen anyway :)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Supposedly, it's only breaking news. I got a few on the first day I used it, but I was only turning it on for testing purposes.

5. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I have received 3 so far today.

6. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It looks like they are generally starting to increase the number, I've received several today. Hopefully that means Apple is getting their servers sorted and can approve the other apps.

7. Axl Rose macrumors regular

i got three today , but does anyone else notice the badge number always stays at 1, even if you have ignored 3 alerts?? kinda odd.

8. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Same with me, got three today but only 1 badge

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I did but I turned it off. Just a bit too annoying for me. I can see the news on my AP app

10. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

11. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

It works fine for me - kind of neat actually, you can stay up to date with late, breaking news.

I see the SMS alert as well as a sound over the speaker - try uninstalling it and re-installing it.

12. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

I get the notices, but I never see the story they're talking about in the actual app...

13. devobail macrumors member

That's what doesn't make sence to me, why doesn't the app open up to the "breaking news" story instead of me having to hunt for it? On top of that why can't I PICK the stories I want, If I only want breaking sports news why can't I get it. Push for this app is useless!

14. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

just got one a couple hours ago about a train crash in DC. Pretty cool. Not too many and the stories seem pretty news worthy.

15. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Yep I concur, I got one for the us open winning, one about a death in dc, and one this morning.

16. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

I've gotten three today also, the train death in DC, Obama signing the anti-smoking bill and the US Open one.

I hope they are going to let you be more specific about which ones you want...as I'm not really a big golf fan.

17. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I got 3 today ....

and its just breaking news as far as I know

18. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've gotten about 1 per day, but today I got three -- US Open champ, Obama signing the tobacco bill, and the DC train crash.