AP Mobile Push Notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roy Hobbs, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I have the latest version of AP Mobile installed for roughly 6 hours and I haven't gotten a single push notification.

Has anyone?? and yes notifications are turned on. Sound, Badge and Message

2. Clusty macrumors regular

3. compg318 macrumors regular

While Beta testing it there were hardly any notifications. Seems more breaking news information.

4. chocobavits macrumors newbie

Nope, no push for me. Hey apple it's good to see that your new software never delivers like it was claimed to. How much would it cost for apple to buy the twitter fail whale?

There should have been push apps available to update to after installing 3.0. When 2.0 launched there were apps available. They didn't launch the app store and it sit empty waiting for things.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Way to extrapolate from one app. :rolleyes: Maybe AP Mobile hasn't sent anything yet?

In another thread, someone just said he (she?) got a push notification of a tornado warning from Weather Alert five minutes before it was on the local news.

6. Clusty macrumors regular

Do you know what you're talking about? We don't know if this is Apple's fault, yet. It could just be that AP doesn't push every single news item.

As for the last part of your post - Apple has no control over what apps are ready for 3.0/push.

7. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Its not Apples fault, its the Apps. And the Push server is DEFINITELY not overloaded right now because theres only about 10 apps that do Push Notifications right now.

8. eh270 macrumors regular

I don't think this is Apple's fault; the other three push apps I have installed are all delivering updates flawlessly and with virtually no delay.

9. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Haven't got anything neither. I also have a couple of other apps that have push and nothing :(

10. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Needed App. That Uses Notifications

I just went through AP app. and set it up. When I went back to settings the "Notifications" red eye showed. So it must be app. sensitive. No notifications have come through, but I've only had it on for a couple of minutes. Hope this helps.

I'm looking forward to BeeJive update so I can get IM notifications under 3.0.

11. noTe on iPhone macrumors member

So is Tap Tap Rev 2.6 the only app that actually has real time Push as of right now?

12. digbyp macrumors regular

On mine, I have AP Mobile v3

However, in Settings there are no option for Push Notifications. Therefore, can not se AP Mobile Push settings. ANyone else have the same problem?

13. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

You have to open the app one time to activate it.

14. digbyp macrumors regular

15. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

open it harder

16. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Great comment. Nominated for the Badandy Post of the Day award.

17. efice32 macrumors 6502

back in the beta test of the AP app it only pushed breaking news events, so don't hold your breath thinking it's going to push every little story your way.

18. nyquistfilter macrumors newbie

Just download Textfree Lite and and start texting friends (or yourself) and you can enjoy as many push notifications as your heart desires. Does anybody really want AP sending them notifications for every single trivial news development? That could get old real fast.

19. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

People that complain about this push notification within 12 hours of the release of the software are pathetic. These are the same people who aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

Seriously, you might want to find something else in life to do besides look for fault in cell phone software :rolleyes:

20. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It's for breaking news, which I honestly haven't seen much of on the app. On the actual news wire, recent stuff has been like the GOP senator admitting to an affair. It's slugged "BREAKING NEWS" and then there's a sentence or two saying what.

One good chance to test this is when whomever wins the US Open this weekend. Those type things are almost always breaking news for us. But I'm still trying to get our smaller paper on that app because I'm sick of seeing just the big boys providing "local" content. They just have some intern dump every story from the area they have. AP guy hasn't gotten back to me in a month, so that's how that situation is going.

21. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

now if only macrumors had a push application :rolleyes:
    BREAKING NEWS FANBOYS LOSE IT WHEN PUSH DOESNT WORK RIGHT AWAY

22. tiresias314 macrumors member

Don't worry, I've been complaining about an advertised-yet-undelivered feature sold to me in a $360+ piece of electronics and still undelivered after 12 months at $90+ a month.

But you're right, after 12 months and $1440+ spent for missing features I'm only now seeing trickle through, I shouldn't really complain.

23. ryant601 macrumors member

maybe Apple doesnt have dedicated Push servers yet, probably still bogged down with 3.0. don't see it improving within the next few days either

24. digbyp macrumors regular

It's ok now. Silly me, should have thought about Windows theory. Uninstall, re-install!!!

25. jajohns8 macrumors regular

Just got my first AP news Push notification. (I'm using Alert and Badge for this app.)