APC Power Supply for Mac Pro + ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by itou, May 8, 2009.

1. itou macrumors regular

i'm in desperate need of an APC backup power supply for my mac pro and acd. the old backup i've got (APC ES350) is not sufficient to power the mac pro and acd. i purchased the ES350 for my powerbook almost 7 years ago.

anyway, every time i have a power failure (it happens quite often), my entire system shuts down. which APC should i buy? i want to ensure that everything still runs for a good while so i can save everything before powering down completely.

thanks!!

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

BR1500LCD should be able to hold your system afloat for awhile. Not terribly expensive either. :)

3. schweinsteiger macrumors member

I have power outages too in the summer.

I got a RS1500 plus one back-up battery BR24BP (together = double time). I haven't plugged it in yet (Just was delivered today, battery is still on the initial charge).

It hope it will give me half an hour of time for a MacPro (5HDs) and a 30" monitor ... I wonder if I have to quickly turn off my other two monitors to save energy when there's a power failure.

I found the best deal on amazon, $212 for the RS1500, $139 for the backup battery.

4. itou thread starter macrumors regular

done. just ordered one.
    thank-you.