Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peas

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
so i went out and bought an apc powerchute backup tonight.
installed some software and when i try to launch it from the preferences, it says

preferences error
you cannot open apc powerchute personal edition preferences pane on this computer. contact the developer of this software for newer version.

so i went on apcc.com and dl'd the newest software and still the issue.

anyone know what gives?

dbogey

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Powerchute removal

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the Powerchute software from my iMac (OS 10.4.11)?

Thanks

GregE

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
I found this on the APC website.

A shell script is provided on this disk image that allows an
Administrator to stop all related processes, and remove all
files, associated with this software. Note this item is not
installed, it remains on the disk image after installation.

You might want to contact them for help. They have an online chat you could try.

http://www.apc.com/support/index.cfm

Sixthnewt

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
APC Powerchute Issue

I had the same issue - I installed it from disc only to find it didn't work on Intel Imac. There is an uninstall command on the disk though and that seemed to work.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
so i went out and bought an apc powerchute backup tonight.
installed some software and when i try to launch it from the preferences, it says

preferences error
you cannot open apc powerchute personal edition preferences pane on this computer. contact the developer of this software for newer version.

so i went on apcc.com and dl'd the newest software and still the issue.

anyone know what gives?

OK, just to confirm the latest software you downloaded was PowerChute Personal version 1.3.4 right? I'm just trying to help trace this down as I have that version running on one PPC machine with 10.4.11 and two Intel based Macs with 10.5.6 with no issues so wonder what the heck the difference could be if we are running the same APC software....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.