Aperature 2.0 glitches

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by wotsmith, Jul 13, 2009.

1. wotsmith macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am using aperature 2.0 on a mac pro with dual intel processors. Ran v1.5 and loved it and never a problem. 2.0 occaisionally crashes, photos black out when making adjustments occaisionally, and is generally quirky. Frequently when I re-open a cropped photo, it is not cropped, but the cropping is visible as a lighter portion of the whole photo. I will see one or more "glitches" in a three hour photo processing session.

Have re-installed. is this me or are there problems. Camera is Canon 20 shooting in raw mode.

Apple store gives me dumb looks when I go to them.
    Bill Smith

2. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

This is not a glitch. This happens when the crop tool (C) is selected and you are viewing a cropped image. Select the Select Tool (A), and it will show the current image version.

The blacking or graying out of images is a known problem and restarting Aperture or even just reloading the affected image cures this.

3. wal9000 macrumors member

Reloading images often doesn't fix the black issue for me. Undoing whatever I did to cause it sometimes works, sometimes not. Relaunching always does, but having to restart it every two or three images a lot of the time is a pretty unacceptable problem to have in a professional app.

Grr...